Twickenham Parking - Selected Rugby Matches
We open for rugby parking for many of the big international games held at Twickenham Stadium, including the Autumn Internationals and the 6 Nations. We are manned by volunteers - mostly parents of children at Orleans Park School. Most rugby parking guests are arranged by advance booking but if there's space on the day we are very happy to accept other vehicles on a first come, first served basis so if you're looking for a last minute space, please pop by.
We are convenient for Twickenham stadium - just a 20 minute walk past lively bars, shops and restaurants.
Find us at Orleans Park School, Richmond Road, Twickenham, Middlesex TW1 3BB. Click for Google Maps
Parking costs £15 per car, £40 for a minibus and £100 per coach. We can fit 2 and sometimes 3 coaches in but you must check before you book because of the logistics of space.
Book online at http://www.opsa.org.uk/cms/rugby-parking. Bookings close the day before but we can usually fit in a few extras so message us and we'll try and fit you in if we can.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
The OPSA Twickenham Parking Team
The Treasurer is responsible for all financial aspects of OPSA.
- Preparing and circulating the monthly management accounts comprising balance sheet and income and expenditure statement. This includes the book-keeping for income and receipts using accounts software 'VT Accounts’.
- Maintaining the School ‘Wish List’ of requested funds and monitoring spend.
- Preparing Annual Report and Accounts; liaising with Independent Examiner; filing with Charity Commission and submitting the Annual Return (within 10 months of financial year-end in August/ in time for AGM).
- Maintaining and updating OPSA’s Charity Commission record.
- Compiling and submitting online annual Gift Aid Submission to HMRC to reclaim gift aid (Autumn).
- Presenting Treasurer’s report at the 6 OPSA meetings per year* (third Monday of each half term).
- Banking of Cash and Cheques (from events and school fund); managing OPSA’s bank accounts and updating bank mandates.
- Managing payment requests received from OPSA; liaising with Finance team at OPS. Raising cheque payments, checking approval and organising second cheque signature.
- Managing other OPSA income/costs including expense claims, payments for OPSA website, googlead payments for rugby parking and the receipt of easyfundraising donations.
- Filing, record-keeping, checking stock reports and dealing with queries and other adhoc.
* The Committee intends to reduce the meetings to 3 per year.
Teenager expert and author Gill Hines, who gave an extremely popular talk at our last meeting, is making a special offer on her new guide ‘Later: A guide to parenting a young adult’. Later! offers "a unique toolkit for developing autonomy, resilience and responsibility in your 16 to twenty something young adult to assist their growth towards independence."
For more information, including how to order at the special price of £12.99, click here.
Fourteen teams competed in our sellout Quiz on 15th November 2013 and everyone had a great time. After a warmup competing to make the tallest 'construction' from wooden barbecue skewers and sweets, our Quizmaster Daniel Coe put the teams through their paces with a huge range of questions from Who Said What ...? to an amazing 80s Video and Soundtrack Matchup that had all the teams furrowing their brows. After a break for fish and chips, chocolates and liberal libations from the bar the final scores were:
1. Quizzy Rascals 135 points.
2. Norfolk & Chance 131 points.
3. Eel Pie Rejects 122 points.
Governors came in 5th place with 112 points - we were delighted they could attend and hope they'll come back next year!
Huge thanks are due to Daniel and the many parents/carers who came along to set up the tables, run the bar and clear up afterwards. A fantastic total of over £1,200 was raised which will go towards developing our school Library into an even more dynamic facility for all the students in the school.