The Treasurer is responsible for all financial aspects of OPSA.
- Preparing and circulating the monthly management accounts comprising balance sheet and income and expenditure statement. This includes the book-keeping for income and receipts using accounts software 'VT Accounts’.
- Maintaining the School ‘Wish List’ of requested funds and monitoring spend.
- Preparing Annual Report and Accounts; liaising with Independent Examiner; filing with Charity Commission and submitting the Annual Return (within 10 months of financial year-end in August/ in time for AGM).
- Maintaining and updating OPSA’s Charity Commission record.
- Compiling and submitting online annual Gift Aid Submission to HMRC to reclaim gift aid (Autumn).
- Presenting Treasurer’s report at the 6 OPSA meetings per year* (third Monday of each half term).
- Banking of Cash and Cheques (from events and school fund); managing OPSA’s bank accounts and updating bank mandates.
- Managing payment requests received from OPSA; liaising with Finance team at OPS. Raising cheque payments, checking approval and organising second cheque signature.
- Managing other OPSA income/costs including expense claims, payments for OPSA website, googlead payments for rugby parking and the receipt of easyfundraising donations.
- Filing, record-keeping, checking stock reports and dealing with queries and other adhoc.
* The Committee intends to reduce the meetings to 3 per year.